Today is the anniversary of my first post on this blog so it seems like an appropriate day to share this.
1. Put the award logo/image on your blog.
2. List the rules.
3. Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
4. Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well.
5. Answer the 5 questions you were asked.
6. Tell your readers 3 things about yourself.
7. You have to nominate 10-20 people.
8. Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog.
9. Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question (specify).
10. Share a link to your best post(s).
The Mystery Blogger Award was created by Okoto Enigma.
1. What is your favorite color?
A. My go-to answer to this question has always been purple. I do really like purple but it’s not a colour I wear a lot. I also really love blue – many shades of blue – but especially a kind of teal or aqua blue. I’m quite partial to a soft but bright shade of orange too. 😂 (Complicated answer to a seemingly straightforward question).
2. What is the biggest challenge you face right now?
A. This is a really tricky one. I’m not sure. There are a few challenging things going on for me just now. I’m trying to get my business off the ground. Trying to adjust my mindset and recover from depression. I have some relationships that need a lot of work. All of these are challenging in their own way.
3. Do you have any pets?
A. Not at the moment. I really like animals but I also love to be busy and out and about and travelling when I can. I’d feel bad about leaving a pet on its own I guess. I’ve had a few different pets in the past. As a child we had a couple of budgies (I was pretty nervous of the first one as it used to attack my hand when I tried to give it its food). I also pestered (and prayed) my parents into adopting a stray kitten (Smudge) when I was around 12 years old. It turned out I was allergic to her but I loved her anyway and we had her for 13 years until she became very ill and had to be put to sleep. When my kids were younger we had gerbils. They were cute. They were supposed to be the children’s responsibility but you can probably guess how that worked out. I think that’s all – except for the pet snails I kept in my classroom for almost a year.
4. (Weird/Funny) Would you want to be the opposite gender for a while if you could?
A. Haha funnily enough I used to joke about this with a friend but no, not really. Sometimes we girls like to have a bit of a moan about the difficulties of being female but I wouldn’t change it. I’m pretty sure there are some tough things about being male too.
5. What was your major in college?
A. I hope I’m answering the right question here – cross-cultural confusion is possible. The first thing I studied at uni was Theology (with Children’s Ministry Specialism). After that I did a post grad in Primary Education.
Three Things About Me
These are probably going to be pretty random as I’m just trying to think of three things I’ve never written about here.
1. When I was a child/teenager I shared a room with my sister. It had an imaginary line down the middle of it. Her half was tidy and neat and mine was anything but. I think it frustrated her no end.
2. I’m a big kid at heart. I somehow manage to present a sensible adult image most of the time but I love to play and have fun. I like going on mini adventures (basically an unplanned diversion to somewhere I don’t know for no particular reason) and climbing trees (not too high – I don’t like heights much). I enjoy games and craft activities and visiting new places.
3. Right now I’m in Croatia (new place 😊) with the family. I started writing this post after being woken up with the church bells ringing at 6am!
My favourite post
This is tough because many of my posts are about something close to my heart at the time – probably the same as most blogs. The two posts that have the most likes by you lovely people who take the time to read them are these:
One that means a lot to me in terms of processing is quite an old one:
(In no particular order)
6. John Coyote
1. What is your favourite place you have ever visited and why?
2. What is your favourite book of all time?
3. If you could go anywhere or do anything right at this moment what would it be?
4. Who do you most admire and what would you say to them or ask them if you could?
5. (Weird/funny) What was your most embarrassing moment (or most disgusting habit – if you can’t think of one) ever?